Thursday 11 August 2011

Bluetongue

Bluetongue, the games company in beautiful Melbourne where I have had the good fortune to work the past eight years (Great Scot, that makes me about seventy six, if my maths are right) closes it's doors today, along with our sister company; Studio Oz in Brisbane. I can't tell you how sad this makes me, given the dedication and talent that my colleagues have demonstrated time and again (and that I am out of work, which sucks even worse). Our GM, Kevin Chan and Brisbane's GM, Jason Robson have been heroes to the last and my art team are bloody world class, every man, woman and child (Wyatt's not an adult). This was tough for THQ, our parent publisher, who has been very good to us over the years. I wish their remaining studios every success with their fine upcoming titles.
I hope something rises from the ashes here and that perhaps I'll have the pleasure of working with these very talented, clever and genuinely funny people again someday. In the meantime, you can find me down the job centre in an ill fitting suit...


No comments:

Post a Comment